Breastfeeding & Newborn Parenting
Course on the Central Coast
Newborn secrets is an evidence-based breastfeeding and parenting course that will provide you with knowledge and skills to start your journey with confidence.
There is no end to parenting advice, some of it can be helpful, and other times it can just lead to confusion. The truth is that there is no “one size fits all solution” when it comes to parenting; it takes time to feel confident parenting your baby. Recognising this before your baby arrives can help to avoid resorting to rigid practices that may negatively impact your baby’s development.
It is ideal if both parents attend this course together. If you are solo parenting, you may wish to bring a friend or close support. They say, “it takes a village to raise a child”, and it helps if the people closest to you understand how to support you.
This 4.5-hour course is divided into 3 sections.
Your newborn baby
Navigating parenthood-skills to thrive
Breastfeeding is natural, but it is also a learned behaviour. Starting off with knowledge of what to expect in the early days and weeks is an important first step to success.
You will learn:
- Health benefits of breastfeeding for you and your baby
- Breastfeeding basics; attachment ad positioning
- How to know your baby is getting enough milk
- Partner support during breastfeeding
- Breastfeeding challenges, how to recognise problems and where to seek support
Your Newborn Baby
Discover parenting strategies to nurture your baby’s physical and emotional development sensitively.
- The first week-expectations, behavioural and physical changes
- Physical and emotional needs of babies.
- Cue based parenting- how to know what your baby needs
- The science of infant sleep
- Crying- why babies cry and how to sensitively respond
- Settling techniques
- Dads/Partners- bonding with your baby
Becoming a parent may be the most incredible thing you have ever done, but there may also be challenges along the way. In this section, you will develop strategies for thriving, including recognising problems and identifying resources to support you.
Central Coast Newborn Secrets Class Schedule
Upcoming Newborn Secrets Classes on the Central Coast
@ Platinum Chiropractic Erina
October 25th 9.00 am- 1.30 pm
December 6th 9.00 am- 1.30 pm
This course is limited to 4 couples to comply with COVID-19 social distancing regulations and to enable plenty of time for discussion. The cost of this 4.5 hour course is $137 which also includes access to Plumtree Baby’s digital breastfeeding book.